Enter as a Stranger....x....Leave as a Friend


Welcome and Thank You for visiting my Selling Blog. This is just a small sampling of my Primitive Wares many more can be found on my website www.yorkmountainprimitives.com. If you happen to see something that tickles your fancy and would like to make it yours simply send me an email.

Come on in and browse the Nooks & Crannies of The York Mountain Mercantile ... lots to look at tucked here & there within the pages of The Mercantile. If you have any questions, the shopkeeper is only click away.

Follow my Journey

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Prairie Doll...belonging to A.H. 1791

Olde Time Prairie Doll

This doll must have belonged to Abigail H.  Stitched by a child-like hand are the intials A.H. and a date of 1791 on the dress sleeve of this doll.  I imagine Abigail to have loved this doll to pieces all through her early childhood years.  I can see her toting this doll along with her while helping Mom & Sis with the daily chores on the old homestead.   Those years are long past...maybe forgotten, but her beloved doll lives on....


This early style Prairie Doll is handmade.  I used calicos and homespuns in muted shades of brown & tan for her clothing.  Her bonnet it an actual gathered/brimmed prairie bonnet.  She has been mended, patched & aged, her clothing alike.  

~Abigail's Doll is 19 inches tall~ 

Click on Images to Enlarge

 
Requested Fee for Abigail's Doll is SOLD ~ TY so much K~.  She will arrive signed and dated by me, her maker.

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I think these old prairie dolls are so much better than today's dolls. They let children use their imagination more.

    Thanks for sharing your creation at the Sunburnt Cow party. :)

    ReplyDelete